Equinet 2017 Board Elections
The 9 members of the next Equinet Board will be elected for a two-year mandate (October 2017-October 2019) by the Equinet Members at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 11th October 2017 in Brussels.
The full elections procedures and eligibility requirements are detailed and explained in the Equinet Board Elections Guide:
Board Members’ Tasks
- Continued and pro-active involvement in the development and implementation of Equinet strategies and activities, overseeing of the Equinet budget and the work of the Secretariat.
- To attend Board meetings. Four Board meetings take place in Brussels or other European cities each year.
- To attend and actively participate in Equinet Annual General Meetings (AGM).
- To actively participate in selected Equinet conferences, seminars, trainings and/or working group(s).
- To provide feedback on regular requests and consultations circulated by the Chair or Equinet Secretariat between Board meetings throughout the year
Overview of Candidates
CANDIDATES GROUP 1
(out of which to select a maximum of 4 candidates)
Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission (IHREC), Ireland
Unia (Interfederal Centre for Equal Opportunities), Belgium
CANDIDATES GROUP 2
(out of which to select a maximum of 3 candidates)
Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability, Malta
CANDIDATES GROUP 3
(out of which to select a maximum of 2 candidates)
Tena Šimonović Einwalter