Agenda of the meeting
Equinet LGBTI Factsheet
The concept note of the factsheet is available here:
The questionnaire (sent to Equinet members on 21st March) is available here:
Equinet Migration Conference
An updated concept note and a draft agenda will be made available soon.
Summary of the meeting
Relevant information about the working group
The working group Policy Formation is Equinet’s primary platform enabling a constructive dialogue with EU institutions; a dialogue that supports policy formation at EU level to effectively promote equality, value diversity and tackle discrimination.
The working group supports the dialogue between Equinet and the EU institutions through the preparation of Equinet perspectives. These perspectives seek to inform current policy development within the EU institutions in the area of equality and non-discrimination and to contribute an equality dimension to policy being developed on other issues. Equinet perspectives are fact-based, developed from the work and experience of national equality bodies at Member State level.
Focus in 2018
- Discuss and produce a Perspective on equality bodies addressing hate speech, including racist and sexist hate speech. The Perspective will build on the work and experience of equality bodies in this area.
- Discuss and produce an output on a European topic and priority of relevance to be agreed with the Executive Board and Working Group members.
- Support dissemination, follow-up and use of previously published outputs of the Working Group, including the Factsheet on equality bodies contributing to the List of Actions by the European Commission to advance LGBTI equality and the Perspective on the links between equality bodies and ombudspersons.
Focus in 2017
- Discuss and contribute to the preparation of the conference Integration of migrants and refugees in Europe: the contribution of equality bodies, taking into account their experience at national level and the findings of the internal survey conducted by Equinet in 2016.
- Discuss and produce a Factsheet on the List of Actions by the European Commission to advance LGBTI equality, taking into account their experience at national level and the learnings from the 2013 Equinet Perspective Equality Bodies promoting Equality and Non-Discrimination for LGBTI People.
- Discuss and produce a report/perspective on a European topic and priority of relevance to be agreed with the Executive Board and Working Group members.
- Support dissemination, follow-up and use of previously published Equinet publications, including on the work done by equality bodies on intersectionality from a gender equality perspective and on discrimination against youth people.
Petr Polák, Head of Equal Treatment Division, Czech Public Defender of Rights & Equinet Board member
Staff support in the Equinet Secretariat:
Jessica Machacova, Membership and Policy Officer
Niall Crowley, Independent Expert
Members and contacts:
For additional information on the Working Group, including a list of recent publications, please see the external section of the website on Working Groups.