- Directorate General Justice
- Věra Jourová – European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
- Roma coordination
- Gender equality
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- First Vice President Frans Timmermans – Better Regulation, Interinstitutional Relations, the Rule of Law and the Charter of Fundamental Rights
- Fundamental Rights
- Directorate General Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Marianne Thyssen – European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility
- Social Protection and Social Inclusion Strategy unit
- Rights of persons with disabilities unit
- FEMM – Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality
- LIBE – Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- EMPL – Committee on employment and social affairs
- DROI – Subcommittee on Human Rights
- FRA – The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- FRA – information portal
- EIGE – European Institute for Gender Equality
- Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme
- European Social Fund
- Asylum, Migration and Intergration Fund
Other European organisations
- ECRI – Council of Europe – European Commission against Racism and intolerance
- Committee of the Regions – Commission for Economic and Social Policy
- Council of Europe – Directorate General of Social Cohesion
- ECRE – European Council for Refugees and Exiles
- European Court of Human Rights
- European Court of Justice
- EESC – European Economic and Social Committee – SOC section
- Regional Office for Europe – United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
The Platform of European Social NGOs (Social Platform) is the alliance of representative European federations and networks of non-governmental organisations active in the social sector.
AGE, the European older people’s platform, represents and promotes the interests of older people in the European Union and raises awareness of the issues that concern them the most.
The EAPN is an independant network of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and groups involved in the fight against poverty and social exclusion in the Member States of the European Union.
The European Disability Forum (EDF) is a European umbrella organisation representing more than 50 million disabled people in Europe. Its mission is to ensure disabled citizens have full access to fundamental and human rights through their active involvement in policy development and implementation in the European Union.
ENAR is a network of European NGOs working to combat racism in all EU member states. ENAR aims to fight racism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism and Islamophobia, to promote equality of treatment between EU citizens and third country nationals, and to link local/regional/national initiatives with European initiatives.
ERIO is an international advocacy organisation which promotes political and public discussion on Roma issues by providing factual and in-dept information on a range of policy issues to the European Union institutions, Roma civil organisations, governmental authorities and intergovernmental bodies.
The European Women’s Lobby is the largest umbrella organisation of women’s associations in the European Union. The EWL Secretariat is based in Brussels, but the EWL has member organisations in 25 Member States of the EU. The European Women’s Lobby aims to promote women’s rights and equality between women and men in the European Union
The European Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in the shaping of Europe and the societies in which they live, and in improving the living conditions of young people as European citizens in today’s world. The European Youth Forum defends the interests of all young people in Europe.
The European Region of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA-Europe) is a non-governmental umbrella organisation that represents its members, principally organisations of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, at the European level.
The ETUC promotes the interests of working people at European level and to represent them in the EU institutions.
Former UNICE, Business Europe is the Confederation of European Business. Their members are the central national business federations of the 34 countries they represent.
UEAPME is the employer’s organisation representing the interests of European crafts, trades and SMEs at EU level. This European SME umbrella organisation incorporates 85 member organisations consisting of national cross-sectorial SME federations, European branch federations and other associate members, which support the SME family.
Other European networks and think tanks
**CECOP European Confederation of Cooperatives and Worker-Owened Enterprises Active in Industry and Services
**Solidar – European network of NGOs working together to advance social justice in Europe and World Wide
**WAVE – Women against Violence Europe (Feminist Network promoting Human Rights of Women and Children)
[/These pages provide you with useful information on external websites relating to equality and anti-discrimination issues.
Links to Equinet partner websites are available from the Equality Bodies page.
Partners who wish to suggest other relevant sites for inclusion in this links page or to report broken links should contact the Equinet Communications Officer.
Please choose from the following categories: