APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26 APRIL 2019 (EOB)
The Equinet Secretariat, based in central Brussels, is opening a new 6 –months long internship position for an organisation management type of position with a project management inclination.
We are looking for a new grad who:
- is motivated, has energy and enthusiasm to share, is eager to learn
- demonstratively values Equality and non-discrimination
- is a quick learner and can think “outside of the box”
- is able to plan own work, can work independently and take initiatives
- is not (too) afraid to fail or make mistakes
- (Administration) can deal efficiently with tasks related to finances (basic bookkeeping, dealing with invoices, files, making payments, budget management and reporting, EC grant management…), events logistics (flights, hotels, transportation, meeting solutions, Membership engagement, databases, onsite go-to person…) , HR-related matters and anything else that we come up with
- (Project Management) could be asked to assist a project manager and take responsibility for some of the tasks involved in the management of the project, in view of the potential acquisition of new projects
- responds well to team dynamics and enjoys a small working environment
- is ready to help others on the team
- is a problem-solver who thinks proactively and can come up with innovative solutions
What we offer
6 months of supervised internship, fulltime 38h/week
The full package includes
- paid internship: 1,200 eur/ month
- reimbursement of commuting costs
- 8 eur face-value meal vouchers per day worked
- 13 days of holiday
- paid sick leave
Under the legal internship scheme used, candidates should be recent graduates in a field of studies related to the responsibilities at stake in the position. As a result, for this specific position, candidates will be shortlisted for an interview in our premises based on the relevance of their background for the position (legal and European policy/affairs profiles will probably be at a disadvantage), their expressed motivation for the tasks and responsibilities at hand and their earliest availability.
Interested candidates are invited to send their latest CV (in a suitable format) and a cover letter explaining their motivation for the position. Reference letters will not be read. Copies of certificates and diplomas are not necessary.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(with subject line: Administration internship 2019)
Deadline to apply: 26 April
Proposed interview time: week of 6 May
Starting date: as early as possible in May
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Equinet is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equal opportunities for all irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, race or ethnicity, age or disability. With a view to contributing to full equality in practice and compensating for disadvantages, Equinet applies positive action measures.
Taking into account the Equinet Secretariat team composition and previous traineeships, in case of equally qualified and suitable candidates, Equinet will choose the person with a minority ethnic background and/or a disability unless there are other factors that should tilt the balance in favour of the other candidate(s).
DISCLAIMER ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Any personal data you are asked to transmit to Equinet for the purpose of your application will be processed in compliance with REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union. It will only be processed for the purpose of your traineeship application by Equinet and will not be shared externally under any circumstance.
Applications from non-retained candidates will be destroyed and applications from selected candidates will be processed in the best achievable conditions of confidentiality. They will be securely archived for one year before destruction and made accessible only to the HR managers (i.e. the Finance and Administration Officer and the Executive Director).
Please note that during the application review process, due to capacity constraints within the Secretariat, your application might be reviewed (in addition to HR managers) by another senior employee at Equinet.
Should you disagree with this, please let us know at the time of application.
By sending your application without further instruction from your side regarding the processing of your personal data, Equinet will understand that you agree with the general data processing procedure explained above. In case you would like your personal data to be treated differently, please explain it in your application email. Any further enquiry regarding personal data processing can be sent to email@example.com.
Every applicant can at any time request to access, rectify, restrict or wholly object to the processing of their personal information Equinet might be in possession of by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.