This report by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) shares evidence about sexual harassment in the workplace gathered from individuals and employers in Great Britain.
The report looks at how sexual harassment is dealt with by employers and uses the evidence from individuals who have experienced sexual harassment at work to recommend improvements.
This report includes:
- the employee’s experience
- what employers told the EHRC
Existing obligations and guidance for employers are not enough to protect workers from sexual harassment or to protect victims. The EHRC make recommendations to bring about:
- A change in workplace culture, with employers taking more responsibility for preventing harassment.
- Greater transparency about incidents of harassment and the policies in place to prevent them.
- New laws to strengthen protection for harassment victims.
It shares evidence gathered from around 1,000 individuals and employers between December 2017 and February 2018.
Via the EHRC website