The Commissioner for Fundamental Rights published its Annual Report 2016 on its own and deputies’ activities.
The Report explains the international relations of the Commissioner as a UN National Human Rights Institution, the visits of delegations and the cooperation with international organizations as Equinet.
Secondly, the Report evaluates the situation of constitutional rights, focusing on:
- Protection of children’s rights
- Protection of the fundamental rights of the disabled
- Protection of the rights of most vulnerable social groups
Also, it outlines the role of the Commissioner in terms of the enforcement of fundamental rights, the initiation of norm control, legal regulation and the protection of whistle-blowers.
This annual overview also includes two other reports:
- Report of the Deputy Commissioner for Fundamental Rights, Ombudsman for the Rights of National Minorities
- Report of the Deputy Commissioner for Fundamental Rights, Ombudsman for Future Generations
Finally, some statistical data are used to illustrate
- manifestations of racism and extremism,
- the rights of Roma,
- application of the right to asylum,
- violence against women,
- protection of the rights of LGBTI Persons,
- protection of the rights of persons with disabilities,
- provision of goods and services