[/ The event will take place at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva./]
/The [French Defender of Rights and the French National Consultative Commission on Human Rights, in collaboration with their European counterparts, are pleased to invite you to the side event that they organize on September 21st, in parallel to the session that the Committee for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will hold in September 2012.
The objective of this event is to raise the States’ awareness on the role and the functioning of promotion, protection and monitoring mechanisms stated in article 33.2 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Its goal is also to allow for an exchange of good practices as well as to reflect on the various means of interaction with the Committee.
– Chair: Ms. Maryvonne LYAZID, Deputy to the Defender of Rights, Vice President of the College in Charge of the Struggle against Discrimination and the Promotion of Equality (France).
– Greetings: Mr. Nicolas NIEMTCHINOW, Permanent Representative of France to the United Nations in Geneva.
– Ms Carlotta BESOZZI – Director of the European Disability Forum
– Mr. Jozef DE WITTE – Director of the Centre for Equal Opportunities and Opposition to Racism (Belgium) and Chair of EQUINET
– Ms Diane MULLIGAN – Member of the Equality and Human Rights Commission ‘s Disability Committee (United-Kingdom) and UNCRPD Advisory Group
– Mr. Ronald Mc CALLUM – Chair of the CRPD (Australia)
Interpretation in French, English and sign language will be provided.
Please note that sandwiches and coffee will be provided during the session./]