Maltese National Equality Body (NCPE) recently started to award an ‘Equality Mark’ certificate to truly equal opportunities employers.
The Maltese National Equality Body (NCPE) which is responsible in equality mark [em2520logo.png]safeguarding equal treatment on the grounds of gender and family responsibilities in employment, education and financial services; as well as to enhance equality on the grounds of gender and race/ethnic origin in the access to and supply of goods and services; has just launched the ‘Equality Mark campaign’ aimed at certifying eligible organisations (in both the pubic and private sector) as truly equal opportunities employers.
This campaign is part of the project ‘Unlocking the Female Potential’ co-financed by the European Social Fund (ESF). Certified organisations will need to demonstrate a commitment in the following areas:
- Policies and Initiatives
- Recruitment and employment
- Employee Equality Representatives and Equality committee
- Equality in Career and Personal development opportunities
- Family friendly measures for men and women with caring responsibilities
- Gender Equality in the access to and supply of goods and services
Further information about this project and the Equality mark certificate are available on www.equality.gov.mt